Your vehicle is a complex system, and having questions about your car battery and how it works is common. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about car batteries and the answers to those questions:
- How long does a car battery last? Typically, the average car battery lasts between 3-5 years. However, there are many factors that can affect this lifespan such as weather, driving habits, and how well you maintain your vehicle.
- How do I know if my battery is still good? A battery can be tested by a specific tool that will tell our experts how much "life" your vehicle has left and if it is in good condition.
- What replacement battery do I buy? The best source for what type of replacement battery to buy is by checking your vehicle's operation manual.
- How do I dispose of an old battery? Car batteries contain toxic chemicals and need to be disposed of properly. The experts at Mission Auto Care can take care of this for you.
- How much do new car batteries cost? It depends upon the brand and quality of the battery, but can range anywhere from $70-$200.
- Is it hard to replace a car battery? When you bring your vehicle into the experts at Mission Auto Care, we can take care of your battery replacement quickly. We don't recommend attempting this yourself, because old batteries can be corroded and dangerous to handle.
We hope that our FAQ about car batteries answers one or more of your questions. If you have any additional questions or need a battery test or replacement, give us a call or stop by Mission Auto Care today!